I can imagine that I’ll post about a few things: writing, ultimate, software development, parenting, python, home repair, finances to name a handful. The main goal is to use this blog as a tool to track my progress on a variety of projects and work through the things that I am exploring. Over time I can use this to direct my learning, as well as reflect back on missteps, dead ends, and interesting paths that have opened up.
Here are a few projects that I would like to work on. These are on the technical spectrum, but I’ll use them as guideposts to get started. Not in any particular order.
- API (docs)
- If I could get to a point where I can put together some Slack bot scripts and a link checker, I’d be pleased.
- Create a new website
- Specifically, work on creating this website on GitHub pages using Jekyll. Inspired by I’d Rather be Writing.
- CSS – I have a smattering of knowledge. But not much.
- Blog about progress
- Opportunity to improve my writing as well as track my learning.
- Create a server
- Why not?
- Create GitHub repo w/projects
- I’ve been introduced to GitHub and git through work. I’d like to continue to improve on this.
- This was also an idea that was further nudged by Tim Hopper at the recent PyData Carolinas conference. Slides.
- Install linux on computer.
- I’ve done this several times, but I have a couple of old desktops available. Always a good learning opportunity.
- Set up encrypted email
- Technical documentation
- Plenty of room for improvement.
I expect list items will be added, removed, and amended.